I got a lot of amazing presents this year! My little sister, Kendra, visited us for the holidays and brought down a huge duffel bag from my mom. It was bursting at the seams with homemade Christmas candy (nom nom nom) and presents!![]()
My mom got me a much-needed dremel tool. It’s going to be super useful for crafting, jewelry-making, and claywork! I’m really excited to use it for sanding and polishing clay, it’s going to make everything look much better! Kendra also got me something to use for crafting: a Sculpey cray conditioner. It’s such a relief for my hands. You have to “condition” or soften polymer clay before working with it. It can be kinda rough on the hands. One of my first times working with clay, I spent about eight hours or so playing around with it and making things. The next day my hands were insanely sore and slightly bruised! So a clay conditioner is very helpful! I got lots of other neat stuff from my family, like super soft flannel sheets, a microwaveable aromatherapy stuffed animal, and some awesome knee socks!![]()
Andrew got me a cute old-fashioned drinking bird (you know, the kind that bobs up and down “drinking” from a cup of water. yay, thermodynamics!) and some awesome Portal-themed stuff. If you don’t know what Portal is, it’s an amazing and hilarious physics/puzzle game. Andrew got me an adorable stuffed Companion Cube and a PotatOS science kit. Basically, in Portal, one of the characters is a piece of A.I. software known as GLaDOS. During a large portion of Portal 2, she is powered by a potato (as potatoes are an excellent conductor of electricity). So the science kit involves attaching the A.I. unit to a real potato to make GLaDOS talk and say phrases from the game! It’s really neat, and hilarious to listen to.![]()
My lovely best friend, Stacey, got me some really awesome presents, mostly owl-themed! She got me two adorable fuzzy owls. I think the white one may be my favorite owl I own (there’s a lot of them) and probably the most realistic-looking one! She also got me a giant felted mushroom that I’m in love with. ![]()
![]()
She also got me a Star Wars Scanimation book (so cool to look at!), and stone owl coasters and White Ale Beer (with owl labels and bottlecaps! eeeee!)
So that’s what I got for Christmas this year! I’m very thankful for all my family and friends. I had an awesome Christmas season, and really enjoyed giving and getting such great presents!



0 comments:
Post a Comment