So I had yesterday off work and decided to do some sewing projects! I hit up Joann’s and got some fresh fabric and some felt to make pretty bow hairclips. I ended doing a lot of mending. I had a huge pile of clothes that just needed buttons sewed back on, seams fixed, or holes sewn up. Just by fixing up some clothes I already had, I added two cardigans, three shirts, and a skirt to my closet! One of these was a leopard print shirt that my dryer somehow tore apart last time I washed it. It had some pretty large, unfixable holes. So the obvious solution: Cut more holes in it!
I cut a heart shape in the middle of the back. I’ll probably have to make some stitches around it to reinforce the shape. I liked the way the shirt turned out! It’ll be fun to wear a bright color or crazy pattern underneath, I’m thinking black&white polka dots or stripes!
I also made one of those felt bows that I’ve been wanting so badly. It turned out pretty well and only took maybe ten minutes! I made just one in red, but I but enough felt to do them in grey, black, and blue!
I also started a Polymer Clay Workshop last night. It meets once a week for two hours. I have kinda mixed feelings about it. For one, the teacher started off the class saying “Polymer clay has been forever tainted by the crafters of their world with their dainty little brooches”. Meanwhile, I’m sitting in the second row wearing one of my polymer clay brooches. Ouch. Other than that, the teacher seemed pretty nice; I liked that he got his start in polymer clay by watching Wallace and Gromit videos (Claymation series chock full of British humor, I used to love them as a kid). Our class only had four people including myself, three of which are older men. We’ll mostly be doing figures and sculpting, so I’m not sure how much of the class will be applicable to my jewelry-making. It should still be fun and informative though. For our first little project, we made cartoony birds. I liked the way mine turned out, except for the comically large feet.
Detachable Peter Pan collar tutorial So I had a pretty good day off! I still have some sewing projects to finish up, as I had to stop last night when I looked at the clock and realized it was already two a.m! I bought materials to make detachable Peter Pan collars. I’ve been pretty obsessed with Peter Pan collars lately. I’m just dying to wear them with every shirt or dress I own. I’ll be using the tutorial above, doing some with ribbons as closures, and some with snap buttons. Here’s some pictures of Peter Pan collars that have made me fall in love with them: http://pinterest.com/zombot/peter-pan-collars/
(How awesome is pinterest?!) A lot of the dresses on that board are from Modcloth. They have some mind-blowingly gorgeous clothes, especially dresses. If I had more money, I would probably buy every piece they have!



0 comments:
Post a Comment