This post is a bit late, since this shopping trip was on a couple days before Christmas, while my little sister was still visiting. Stacey, Kendra, and I had an awesome day full of thrift stores, crazy-busy malls, and The Great Portland Cupcake Tour (more about that next time!).
We started off the day with some Black Rock Coffee. The ever-angsty Batman was upset that he couldn’t drink any of it with his plastic mouth, and thus spent the whole trip staring out the window, totally ignoring us.
One of the first vintage shops we stopped at was Lounge Lizard. This place has AMAZING furniture and lamps.
I was totally in love with the dresser in the above picture. They had a large version of it AND a desk in the same style. If I had lots of money, I probably would’ve walked out with the whole set.
Next was Vintage Pink, with its fun assortment of retro furniture, clothes, and magazines. They always have really fun window displays.
I found my dream couch there! Call me tacky, but I’ll always love anything made of fuzzy animal print.

Last, but not least, was the grandest of all vintage stores, House of Vintage. At over 13,000 square feet, it’s definitely the biggest vintage store in Portland, and the largest I’ve ever seen in my life!
They have everything you could imagine, from any era. I kept seeing owls everywhere, and had to seriously restrain myself from taking home all of them. Here’s just a few of them:



Stacey kept finding gorgeous vintage hats. She ended up buying the pink netted hat! It’s adorable and perfect for our random days of dressing fancy.
Christmas lights on the way out of downtown Portland!
Adorable snowy owl painting on wood. Too cute to not buy.
Funky wood painting by a mysterious “Patti”.
An Ewok plush from the original Star Wars! Ahhhh!
Ceramic owl. I think he’s a bit drunk. or possibly hungover. 
Another wood painting. I’m finding that I really love any weird/tacky/cute painting done on wood. Hmmm.
Another wood painting. I’m finding that I really love any weird/tacky/cute painting done on wood. Hmmm.
Retro space rangers from The Dollar Scholar. I bought five of these awesome guys for a buck each!
I just realized Kendra wasn’t really in any of these pictures, then I remembered that she was the one taking most of the pictures. She just got a new camera, which is wayyyy better than mine. I was having some crazy camera-jealousy while she was here, so now I’m thinking it’s time to buy a new one!



0 comments:
Post a Comment