Friday, July 27, 2012

outfit- optical illusion

IMG_1768
I just had three days in a row off from work, and it was the best thing ever. I did some rearranging of my apartment, (check out my fancy smancy bar shelf behind me!) hung out with friends, and chillaxed. It's been super hot lately and our apartment lacks air conditioning, so I've been wearing less clothing than usual. I even wore shorts this week, which happens maybe once annually. This outfit has been the first time I've ever left the house baring my errr... midriff. Does that count as midriff? That tiny bit of skin? Either way, it was a good, comfy outfit for a humid summer day.
comboIMG_1794IMG_1788
bandeau top: ebay
lace vest: Goodwill
skirt: Gottschalks in Alaska
shoes: thrifted
necklace: handmade from old watch necklace

In high school, I used to draw crazy, checkered patterns on paper and color it in with black pen. It took up much of the free time I had during class ( I read/work/take quizzes abnormally fast). I was so happy when I found this skirt because it was like someone had took my little trippy patterns and made a fabric out of them. It's one of those pieces of clothing that I will probably never get rid of. Here's a picture of me wearing it years ago, in high school. 
cropped

0 comments:

Post a Comment