Friday, September 14, 2012

Outfit: Girl in an Apron

IMG_2802
It's been a rough week. As much as I feel like I work a lot, I honestly rarely hit 40 hours a week. This week, I think I hit 47 hours. On my one day off, I headed to Eugene and spent a lovely day with my little sister. We ate some delicious food (including cupcakes, of course), did some shopping, and took pictures of graffiti/stickers/tags.  Unfornately, on the way home, my shitastic car decided to break down. ( in the dark. in the middle of I-5. in the middle of a curve. with no lights or landmarks, completely rural) I was stranded for a few hours while I waited for a ride home. Luckily, I had a book with me; and apparently my ipod also serves as a trusty reading light. My boyfriend's brother helped tow the car to an exit where it would be safer. So of course, overnight, someone smashed a window and attempted to steal it. Luckily, I had already taken EVERYTHING out of the car, even all the miscellaneous papers in the glovebox.
 Dear looters: Please enjoy my already-broken stereo and the bag of empty coffee cups. IMG_2840
Happy ending = I finally got a new car! Remember how I almost got one in July? That actually fell through due to craigslist shadiness. This time, I just went to a dealership and picked out a beautiful 2005 Toyota Camry. Levels above my old Geo Prizm. I'm really in love with my new car so far. It's going to make life a bit easier.
IMG_2855
It's funny, I actually wear an apron almost every day. They're not nearly as adorable as this one though. Just basic black aprons. It'd be fun to wear an apron like this to work, but I know it would just end up filthy. You should see my black aprons at the end of shifts; just covered in beer and ranch and flour and who knows what else. Food industry: It's a hard life, man. Today I'm just savoring my day off (on a Friday no less! That never happens!). I really don't want to leave my apartment today. After working a lot, and being around people non-stop, I just need a break from all the silly humans.
combo IMG_2816
top: Forever 21, thrifted
skirt: White House, Black Market, thrifted
best apron in the world: Modcloth
mushroom brooch: made by me, coming soon to Zombot Shop
shoes: HAHAHA no. I want to stay locked indoors!

0 comments:

Post a Comment